Pages

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Gifts of Love

My favourite gift to give to that person who is hard to buy for?  Food, treats, baked goods full of love!  I am sure that surprises you--if you have been following this blog for the last few weeks, you will surely know by now that I share my emotions and share my feelings through food.

Birthday gifts teacher gifts, Christmas gifts, I'm sorry gifts...just about anything can be expressed through a batch of cookies or a loaf or a cake.



I have a hard to buy for person having a birthday this week--so Madeleine and I made one of my favourite food gifts to wrap up for her and share with her on Tuesday.   One of the best things about these kind of gifts--your kids can help--they love it too!  And are so proud when presenting a gift they helped to make with their own little hands :)


Easy Fudge (my friend Karren says this is dangerous for your waistline--don't say I didn't warn you! :)

3 cups of Semi-sweet chocolate chips (or any combination of chips that is equal to 3 cups
1 can eagle brand condensed milk

Optional 1/2-1 cup cup toasted pecans, or crushed candy cane, or m&m's or marshmallows...you name it you can put it in!


In a microwave safe dish place chips and cover with condensed milk.  Microwave on high for about 2 minutes.  Stir and combine melted chips and milk until the mixture starts to thicken slightly--add nuts or marshmallows at this time.  Mix in evenly.
Spread mixture onto parchment paper or silicone mat until about 1 inch thick.  Allow to cool and set.  Then cut into pieces.
Enjoy


Such an easy gift to give with a nice bow on it--people love to receive gifts you have made from your heart!

1 comment: