Pages

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Can You Taste It??

For the very first time this week I experienced what it was like to not taste ANYTHING!  No smell, no taste, no nothin'.  You all know that I love food, and I  am sure you can imagine how challenging this was for me--because no matter how sick or tired or otherwise distracted I am, I love to enjoy what I eat.

Not being able to taste anything presented some interesting observations for me.  While I could SEE the food, and FEEL the texture of the food, having no sense of smell or taste totally altered the experience of eating for me.  While I was full after I finished a meal, I did not feel SATISFIED--this has me pondering--if we don't use ALL our senses to enjoy a meal, and thus don't really feel satisfied after we eat--can this lead to overeating and/or ambivilence to what we eat?  Hmmm...

So, as my senses of smell and taste are finally returning today, I have been dreaming about all the things I love to eat...maybe I can finally get some satisfaction!  Here is a good one that has been haunting me all day--YUM!

Nacho Cheese Dip (you can make a little, or alot of this one, just adjust the amounts...)
1/4 cup mayonaisse 
1/4 cup salsa
1/2 cup grated cheese (marble or monteray jack would be great choices)

Mix together and warm in the microwave for 30 seconds.  Mix and heat again for another 30 seconds.  Repeat until cheese is melted and mixture is smooth.  Serve with tortilla chips.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment