Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Cooking with Kids

I love to cook with kids.  They are so eager.  They are so easily impressed.  They are so honest about telling you what they think! 

Do you ever watch everyday things through their eyes?  Do you see the wonder and the magic that they see in the things we take for granted?

Cooking with kids (mostly my own :), has allowed me to see some things in a whole new light--cooking for them is like magic, seeing their creation take shape and change form right before their eyes!

I remember baking these cookies with my Mom and my Sister--we all still love these cookies, now Madeleine likes helping to bake and eat them too!

This is one of the Chipits Original Recipes--I have adapted it of course, only changing a couple of things...

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
1 cup soft butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups flour
1tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 cups chocolate chips
1 1/4 cups quick cooking oats


Cream butter and sugar well.  Add Eggs and continue to cream.  Stir together flour, soda, salt and cinnamon.  Gradually stir into creamed mixture.  Add chips and rolled oats.  Drop by tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheets.  Bake at 375 degrees 12-14 minutes.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment