Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

Happy Accident

Sometimes in my kitchen I have what I like to call a "happy accident".  That is, something that happens by accident (like a wrong ingredient, or amount, or substitution) but turns out to be wonderful!

These are just such a thing.  I was having a couple of  ladies over one evening, getting some snacks ready, when I realized I had no crackers!  I had already made the cream cheese/jalapeno jelly, and cut the cheese (no, not that kind of "cheese"!)--what to do??  I  pulled out my hat of tricks and whip these little puppies up--so easy, and as it turns out totally awesome--Madeleine loves to have these for an after school snack...and even Saturday morning breakfast!

Crunchy Pita Crackers

2-4 Greek style pitas or Naan Bread 

(TIP:  I like to look at all the ones in the store, pick out the one that has the least number of ingredients, and no additives--bingo!  I found that I can usually buy a pack of 10 for $2.49--and I use them for a number of things--mini pizza, Sandwiches  and pita crisps etc...)


Cut naan into wedges, place on a cookie sheet, being careful to leave a little room around each one.  Bake at 375 degrees for about 10-12 minutes, until they are a little brown around the edges.  Cool, and use with your favourite dip, cheese or cheese dip!


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment