Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

I love you guys...

Just a quick note today to once again say THANK YOU to all of you loyal readers!!  It warms my heart to read your messages and comments, and is so nice to hear that you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy sharing :)  So here is some BIG LOVE from me to you--Thank-you!! xo

Just in case you haven't noticed, I am not much of a seafood fan--in fact, I am the opposite of a seafood fan.  However, I recognize that most of you are fans, and would probably enjoy a good fishy recipe--so when a friend sent this to me with high recommendations, I decided to share it with you. Thanks for sharing Sharmila!!

Salmon with Creamy Dill Sauce (from allrecipes.com):
SALMON:
1 (2 pound) salmon fillet
1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 small onion, sliced and separated into
rings
6 lemon slices
1/4 cup butter

DILL SAUCE:
1/3 cup sour cream
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
1 teaspoon lemon juice
Lemon zest to taste (
1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
3/4 teaspoon dill weed
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
pepper to taste
 a splash of white wine

1. Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with heavy-duty foil; grease lightly. Place salmon skin side down on foil. Sprinkle with lemon-pepper and onion salt. Top with onion and lemon. Dot with butter. Fold foil around salmon; seal tightly,
2. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes. Open foil. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 8-12 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
3. Combine the sauce ingredients until smooth. Serve with salmon. (I did the sauce a few hours ahead of time to let the flavours meld)
*I had salmon portions VS a single fillet and did the foil packets on the BBQ instead of the oven*

No comments:

Post a Comment