Pages

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Bread Machine Love

The reason I started making bread was because I got a new Bread Machine for Christmas a couple of years ago.
Looking at the ingredient listing on a loaf of bread, or package of pizza dough was to say the least, a little unnerving.  Knowing how few (basic) ingredients are required for these items, it shocked me to find 10, 15, 20 or even 37 ingredients listed on the packaging!
Also, knowing how EASY it is to use a bread machine and how much money you can save using one--made it a no-brainer for me.
My Mom acquired this recipe out of the newspaper in 1987...the original called for rising the dough in the microwave (which if you are interested in, let me know and I am happy to forward the original instructions...).  I have adapted it for the bread machine, and find it is not only one I make regularly, but also one that I use for a few different items--which makes it so versatile!!
Bread Machine Pizza Dough
Place in bread machine in this order:
1tsp salt
1tsp sugar
1 1/3 cup hot water
3 cups flour
2 tsp quick rise yeast
Place the machine on the dough setting (feel free to use the time if necessary--that way you can have dough ready when you come home from work--ready to make pizza!). 
Most often I use this dough for:
Pizza
Calzones (I will share our favourite recipe with you tomorrow...)
Garlic Sticks
Foccaccia





Garlic Sticks with Bread Machine Pizza Dough
1/2 batch of pizza dough (freeze the other half, or use tomorrow...)

4 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic
cracked pepper 
2 cups grated cheese
1/4 cup parmesan


In a small bowl mix olive oil, pepper and crushed garlic.  Let sit about 20-30 min.
Spread pizza dough into a rough rectangle shape on a cookie sheet--leave the dough about 1-1 1/2 inches thick.
Spread oil/garlic over dough and top with grated cheese and parm.  Bake at 400degrees for 20 minutes.  Cut into fingers and serve.
Enjoy!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment