Pages

Friday, November 5, 2010

Tough Nut

My youngest niece, adorable as she is, is fairly ambivalent to food most of the time.  She will always eat what you give her-she isn't picky-, but she doesn't eat much, and she doesn't really have any preferences. Holy hard for me--How can I show her my love? :)

She is coming this weekend with her brother and sister to spend a day with us,  something I am really looking forward too--lots of fun!

I try to ensure that I have something for lunch and dinner that will be special for each of the kids.  I know what my oldest niece loves--pulled pork -- and try to make it for her often.  My little man loves to eat anything you give him--he is so easy to please!  But my little R, she is a tough nut to crack--she is even  uncommitted to choosing dessert!

That is until I discovered this little gem...I think she ate half the pan the last time I made them--I have NEVER seen her eat anything like she ate these--it was hilarious!

So, you can try these for your tough nut--it will make their tummies smile I am sure!

Little R's Peanut Butter Squares
1 cup peanut butter (smooth or crunchy, your choice, both are good)
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg.
3/4 cup chocolate chips 


Mix all ( except chocolate chips) together with a spatula until well combined.  Flatten into a 9x9 square pan and sprinkle chips over evenly.  Bake at 325 degrees for 20 min.  Remove from oven and let sit for about 5 minutes.  Using a spatula spread the chocolate chips evenly over pan--let cool completely before you cut into squares. 
Yum!
Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment