Pages

Friday, December 3, 2010

I am a Baking Maniac!

So in the last 8 weeks I have baked approximately  233 dozen cookies.  That's 2796 cookies!  Whoa! (...seeing the numbers laid out like that even impresses me!  Ha!)  Still a few more to go..I think we will keep some for our family this go around!

In my Christmas cookie frenzy, I pulled this recipe out of my box of tricks today.  I forgot how much I love these cookies!  Not sure where my Mom found this recipe a LONG time ago, but it is a goodie--fast and easy too!

Almond Butterscotch Cookies
1/2 pound butter
 3/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup sliced almonds
1/2 box graham crackers (broken in half)


 Cover a baking pan with parchment paper or a silicone mat (...a word to the wise, don't skip this step).  Lay graham crackers in a single layer to cover whole sheet.  Evenly sprinkle almonds all over crackers.  Heat butter and sugar to boiling.  Boil for about 1-2 minutes.  Pour over cracker/almonds as evenly as you can.  Bake for 10 min at 350 degrees.  Cool completely and break into peices.  Betcha can't eat just one!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment