Friday, January 14, 2011

What in the World do you eat?

 Have you discovered StumbleUpon yet?
My favourite way to browse the internet! If you haven't tried it yet, you are missing out!

This is how I find MANY new recipes, websites and blogs.  I find much interesting info, that I wouldn't necessarily otherwise see--there is so much out there!

"Stumbling" is how I found this website about  "what the world eats". 
A MUST SEE post for sure--it really gives you some perspective on "Western Food"--go look, then come back and tell me what you think!

'Nuff said.

Still loving my bread machine--I generally only use if for dough now (because I prefer the bread made by hand...), let me tell you what I did today!
I made one batch of Grandma's Bread adapted for the Bread Machine on the DOUGH setting of my machine.  Once the dough was ready, I cut it into 2 sections (one about 75% the other about 25%).  I used the large section for Hamburger Buns, and small section for Cinnamon Buns...

Hamburger Buns from the Bread Machine
1.cut dough into approx 9  pieces (do this on a lightly floured board, especially if it is sticky)
2.roll each little piece into a ball, nice an smooth.  Pat it flat and place them on a cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
3. cover with a damp tea towel, or a silicone mat and let rise in a warm place for about 30min (or until doubled in size)
4.  Bake at 375 degrees for about 12-15 minutes.

Cinnamon Buns from the Bread Machine
1. in a 9inch pie plate rub 1-2 tbsp butter all over and sprinkle with 1/4 cup brown sugar.
2. roll out dough until about 1/4 inch thick.
3. spread 2-3 tbsp very soft butter all over.  Sprinkle with 1/3 cup brown sugar  and then sprinkle generously with cinnamon.
4.  Along the longest side of the dough, roll up into a tube.  
5. Slice about 2 inches thick and place cut side up over brown sugar/butter in pie plate.
6. Cover and let rise until double the size.
7. Bake at 375 for 25 minutes.
8. Place a plate over the buns, and turn them out onto it.  Let cool. (...if you don't turn them out, the br.sugar/butter part will cool and harden making it very hard to get them don't want to do that!)

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment