Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

Happy Friday!

I don't know about you , but sometimes by Friday I am a little worn out and not always inspired to cook a fabulous meal.  I keep in my back pocket a few easy recipes for just such a day.  They have to be fast, easy, tasty and of course have some nutritional value to them!  You may think that is a lot to ask of such a meal--I disagree.  All it takes is a little foresight to have in the fridge the "staples" you use the most of and some tortillas, pitas, or naan bread in the freezer.

Here is what Madeleine and I had for dinner tonight--I made a little extra so someone can have a treat for lunch tomorrow too!

 Quick Quesadilla's

The quantities will vary depending on how many you make, and what you want to add in to these guys--this is an approximate value to make 4.


8 fresh or frozen flour tortillas (I made an extra batch last week, and tossed them in the freezer)
2 cups grated cheese (any kind--you know I use marble-Surprise!)
1/2 cup chopped red pepper
3 chopped green onion
2 tbsp chopped cilantro
2 tbsp salsa
...anything else you want to add--leftover chicken or turkey, tomato?


On a cookie sheet lay 4 of the tortillas.  Top each with some of the salsa.  Top that with some of the cheese, the toppings of your choice and a little more cheese.  Lay the final 4 tortillas over and bake at 400 degrees for about 12-15 minutes.  Let cool for  5 min before cutting into quarters and serving with salsa, sour cream and/or Guacamole (quite possibly  my favourite thing to eat...next to cake that is!)
Enjoy!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment