Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

Parlez-Vous Francais?

Muffins, I think are one of life's little wonders.  So simple, so easy, so many different flavours and varieties to try.  Everyone has their favourite-what's yours?

I found this recipe on the Internet a couple of years ago ( Note to self:  I am better know at bookmarking and noting where a recipe has come from, but I cannot say the same of my pre-blogging life.  So, to whoever you are who posted this recipe, I acknowledge you...and thank you for sharing this recipe--it is so yummy!)

French Muffins
1/3 cup melted butter (you can use oil in a pinch)
1/2 cup sugar
1egg
1 1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt 
1/4 tsp nutmeg (...I know, it sounds crazy--but just you wait...)
1/2 cup milk


Topping
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup melted butter (don't substitute oil here, you'll be sorry!)
1/2 tsp cinnamon


Mix sugar, flour, baking powder, salt,  and nutmeg together.  Mix melted butter, beaten egg and milk together and add to the flour mixture--mix until it just comes together (like any other good muffin recipe you have...)  The batter will be lumpy.


Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
While warm, mix sugar and cinnamon.  Brush muffins with melted butter and dip into sugar mixture.  I dare you to eat only one while they are still  warm...Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment