Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Pulling out all the stops!

I have spent the better part of the last hour or so, perusing my cookbooks--looking for a real gem or two to make for dinner tomorrow and have pulled out some real old goodies that I had almost forgotten about!  I don't know about you , but it seems to me I have had so many favourites over the years, that I sometimes have a hard time keeping track of them all!

In any case, here is one that I have never forgotten--my Mom used to make these for special company when we were little...I can still feel the drippy taffy in my mouth...

Taffy Tarts (from Food that Really Shmecks)
Enough pastry for 12 tarts (you can use frozen tart shells if  you are running short on time--but the "real" pastry will make these a gift you will never forget!)


1 1/2 cups corn syrup
1 cup brown sugar
4 tbsp melted butter
2 eggs


Dissolve the sugar in the beaten eggs, add syrup and melted butter.   Pour into tart shells and bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment