Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Simplicity

Good bread is the most fundamentally satisfying of all foods; good bread with fresh butter, the greatest of feasts!  ~James Beard

Yes! James Beard I couldn't have said it better myself.  There is nothing more satisfying to me than the simplicity of a freshly buttered  warm slice of fresh bread out of the oven.  I love everything about it--the way it smells, the way it tastes, the texture of it in my mouth--seriously, it is an event for me every time!

Do you take the time to savour and enjoy the simplist of things?  Fresh bread, a tomato still warm from the sun, a cookie still warm from the oven?

~Here is great bread machine recipe--you don't even have to break a sweat for it...

Jalapeno Cheese Bread

add to the bread machine in this order:
3/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup water
1egg
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp sugar
3 cups flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 up grated sharp (like Old) cheddar cheese
3 tbsp seeded and chopped jalapeno(about 4) or canned diced jalepeno's
2 tsp quick rise yeast

Set on large loaf setting, with  light crust.

No comments:

Post a Comment