Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2011

It's Official...

Well, it's official.  Since the beginning of this food journey that started nearly 10 years ago, I have lost 60 lbs!  Woohoo!

I can't begin to explain ALL the things that have happened and changed in these last 10 years to me physically, emotionally and spiritually--but I can tell you some of the results.

Not carrying around an extra 50-60 lbs (...that's like 6 bags of potatoes--strap that together and carry it around for the day...no wonder I was so tired all the time!!!), gives me so much more energy!  I can walk farther, faster without breaking out in a cold sweat, my lungs heaving for breath.  I sleep better too.  My clothes fit better (obviously--but I had a moment in the changeroom last week, when I fit into a size 8 pants for the first time in my life! :).  My skin is healthier, my fingernails stronger.  SO many little things, that I could never have imagined as my old overweight self, who indulged in fast food too many times a week.

Here is the truth.
The only things I cut out of my diet were fast food and most processed foods (with the exception of chips and a couple of other "non-negotiables.)
I still eat dessert.  I still eat creamy sauce on my pasta.  I still eat pizza and hamburgers and french fries.  I do eat half the portion size that I used to.  I do eat  a lot more fruits and vegetables.  I do try to balance what I eat--more "good", less "bad".  I do make/bake/cook most of what we eat, I drink lots of water  and I do try to walk almost every day.

That's it--seems too easy doesn't it?
It was small changes-one at a time--nothing drastic, just little bits here and there.  "A journey of a 1000 miles begins with just one step".  A journey to loose 60 lbs started with one less trip to McDonald's. 

Japanese Cucumber Salad

1/2 english cucumber sliced
1tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1tsp sugar
1/2 tsp sesame oil
dried crushed chilies if you like it spicy


Whisk the soy sauce, vinegar sugar and oil.  Pour it over the cucumber.  Easy--See if you can leave them alone until dinner time!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment